Junior Media Planner - Ad Operations
Founded in 2008, Atlas Obscura recently completed a $20 million Series B funding round led by Airbnb and is growing rapidly. At its core, Atlas Obscura believes in surfacing magic and wonder, and we seek to bring that very spirit of magic and wonder to the work we do with brands, which have included Chase, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and more.
We are looking for a Junior Media Planner to temporarily join our growing Brand Partnerships Ad Operations team. In this short-termed role, you will work closely with the Media Manager to support the full lifecycle of our clients’ digital campaigns primarily focused on display media support. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the media landscape and digital technologies -- an insatiably curious media junkie who has a desire to be a part of a dynamic, innovative, fast-growing team. This fully remote role is a 4-month temporary assignment working on a specific campaign with a fixed amount of assigned weekly hours. Tasks will be assigned each week by the Media Manager and monitored accordingly until the set projects have been completed.
- Assist Media Manager with reviewing media plans to ensure we are delivering a robust and creative media mix to clients with a focus on display media placements and projections.
- Facilitate campaign trafficking, creative asset collection & delivery, optimizations and reporting
- Support internal RFP process; from media plan generation, to order entry, campaign optimizations, execution & billing
- Manage weekly reporting and campaign wrap reports for clients as directed by Media Manager in collaboration with Accounts Team
- Assist Media Manager with overseeing inventory to aid in presale conversations and to ensure smooth delivery and execution of media plan
- Coordinate communications with Atlas Obscura’s ad operations partner
- Manage scheduling social campaigns with Atlas Obscura’s media agency and internal social media team
- Attend meetings with Accounts Team to discuss the status of campaigns and address any issues
- Internally manage client questions & requests to ensure answers are provided in a timely manner; relay inventory & ad spec requests, troubleshoot issues, facilitate optimizations.
- Contribute to building of campaign Wrap Reports, especially with regards to data compilation
- Thoroughly test and QA all ads prior to launch; track and verify debugging
- Contribute to internal meetings with insights and best practices
- 1-3 years of Ad Operations experience, either at a media buying agency or in a publisher planning department
- Experience with ad trafficking and reporting on large-scale campaigns
- Expertise with Google Ad Manager and/or other ad servers a must
- Expertise working in Google Workspace; especially Google Sheets
- Deep familiarity with content distribution strategies; understanding of how content moves through the pipes of the internet and have the ability to optimize plans to meet and exceed KPIs
- Experience with data and targeting media campaigns
- You are a media junkie who loves the guts of media - you love being in the weeds of CPMs, CTRs and CPVs
- You are an innovator who loves inventing new things and challenging the traditional way of thinking
- You have a pulse on the landscape and are always up to date with the latest in media trends
- You are a strategic and original thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- You are insatiably curious and love learning
- You have a strong work ethic with a roll-up-your-sleeves, can-do attitude
- You are hungry to work as a part of a fast-growing organization and desire to eventually build and lead a team
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest.
We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.